DROMOS
Please Log in or Register to use the features on this forum.
DROMOS
Please Log in or Register to use the features on this forum.
DROMOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DROMOS

An RP Clan's Island

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lesson 1: Godmoding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dante Kennedy
Web Master
Web Master
Dante Kennedy

Lesson 1: Godmoding Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1: Godmoding   Lesson 1: Godmoding I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:23 pm

What is Godmoding?

Well, simply put, godmoding is where you or your opponent literally does the impossible to avoid a hit, kill you, or forces you to take the hit, or even controlling another character(not an NPC) without the person's express permission. It's complicated and easy to rule wrong, especially the auto-hit aspect, which will be covered in another lesson. For now, we'll cover godmode as a whole.

In a godmode scenario, there is a point where you or your opponent has to take a hit. Refusing to take a hit, acknowledge a hit, or to render yourself invincible is considered a God Mod. In doing this, it can result in an instant disqualification from a match. With the way most sentence role players are, god modding is quite common among them. They aren't very experienced and rarely know the rules of role playing.

With a sentence, most experienced role players do sentence scenarios as fun, like myself. For example, "*flips a table*" is a version of god modding. You aren't giving anyone a chance to react. This is very common, like I stated before, among sentence role play and most people with experience normally do this for fun and aren't really serious.

Now, for an actual battle scenario, this is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. In an actual battle scenario, you get a hit sent to you and the most common version of god mode is either refusing to take the hit, or totally ignoring that the hit ever took place. In example, your opponent sends you this:

*Alloran used a horizontal backslash toward the man's chest. If connected, the hit would slice deeply into the person's abdomen, causing massive bleeding and severe damage, along with hindering the man's movements severely.*

In this scenario, there are two ways to god mode. Say the distance between you and your opponent is three feet. Your opponent has a 45 inch blade. With this, you have very little time to dodge. Now to explain the science. With a normal human, it takes a person's brain .3 seconds to register the action done by another person, .6 seconds to get that information processed through the brain. It then takes the brain another .4 seconds to think of a plan and another .9 seconds for the brain to send the commands through the nerves. All in all, about 2.1 seconds for a normal human to react.

"What?! You're telling me that a brain doesn't react immediately?!" Yes. the brain does not think and execute automatically. It needs time to register, process, think, and react. With this, assuming your opponent is a normal human, with the distance at 36 inches with a blade of 45 inches, you have enough time to move out of the way, but you won't have enough time to get away completely unscathed. You can block the attack if he's striking from the side that your weapon is on to avoid damage, however failure to acknowledge the science and math involved would be counted as an invalid move and result in a disqualification.

Now for the WRONG way to do this. The first way to do it wrong would be:

*Alloran used a horizontal backslash toward the man's chest. If connected, the hit would slice deeply into the person's abdomen, causing massive bleeding and severe damage, along with hindering the man's movements severely.*

*Dante dodged the hit, jumping away immediately after the man started swinging, avoiding the hit.*

That is the first way. You acknowledged the hit, but failed to take a hit that would have damaged you in some way. Now, the way to block this would be:

*Dante saw the hit and as the hit was coming, he raised his blade out of instinct to block the hit, stopping the attack before it caused any serious damage.*

Now, is this considered a hit? No, but that will also be in another lesson. As you can see, Dante gave adequate time to register, process, think, and react to the hit to avoid any damage, however he did not dodge because trying to dodge would result in injury.

"Wait, you mean I have to do math too?" Yes. You also have to do the math and figure in the science to this fight. If your opponent does not use mathematics to explain his weapon or the distance, THEN you can dodge the hit automatically by saying, *For all Dante knew, the man could have a dagger in his hand.*

This is where detail and accuracy come in. Yes, I realize it is role playing and sometime things are exxagerated, but keeping the science and math in the role play make the role play 1: more believable and 2: more fun.

Now the other way to do this wrong is:

*Dante swung his sword toward the man's neck, trying to decapitate him since they were in such close proximity.*

This is absolutely wrong. Not only did Dante refuse to take the hit, he never even acknowledged the the hit, or that fact that he was being attacked. This is an immediate DQ in any fight that is judged. There are no exceptions.

Now for the homework aspect of this. I want two examples of god modding and explain why each one is wrong. It can be any part of god modding, but remember, we haven't broken this down yet into its individual forms so if you get it wrong, don't complain if you do.

The reward for the best answer given is 100 Gold. Everyone who participates will receive 10 Gold but  only one person will receive the 100 Gold for the best answer.

Here is what I am looking for in the best answer:
1: A set up scenario of a battle.
2: 2 examples of god modding.
3: an explanation as to why they are god modding.
4: whether or not you would allow the movement or stop the fight and DQ the one god modding.
Now, I will award 15 extra gold who can send me a screenshot of an actual fight they were in showing their opponent was god modding. This has to be an ACTUAL fight. Not scripted.

Now, my children, go out and get learned!
Back to top Go down

Lesson 1: Godmoding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DROMOS :: CLASS! :: Ruling Lessons-
Jump to: